Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday 22 December 2012

Oh Christmas Tree...

As our followers on Mini's fashion file know, we in the B-E household are partial to a full-on Christmas Tree. Our ten footer at home was crammed with so many adornments from baubles, candy canes and feathered birds to icicles, poinsettias and bells that when we see other people's trees they look a little lonesome compared. Not so with my grandmothers tree.
At ninety three she sits at the rear of the room, quietly sipping the home made schnapps while her children, grandchildren and five of her twelve great grandchildren hang every ornament ever made on her tree.
Each year I buy a few more to add to the collection and it's a trip down memory lane for me as I spot the yellow clay heart my brother George made for her or the brass musical instruments that decorated the tree when I was a little girl and the gold paper angel that i brought home from school.
There's no more room and the tree glows with memories and trinkets and we can sit back and enjoy another great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment