Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday 10 January 2013

Skiwear

This post is a special request response to the question what do I wear to ski?
Well I'm afraid I'm pretty stuck in my ways to be honest. After years and years of time spent on the slopes, having experienced everything from overly tight all in ones (terrible for a mountain loo dash) and neon patchwork blousons (never suits anyone) I've settled on my own look.
My jackets are almost always Moncler (although I do own a navy Tods trimmed in silver fox but it looks just like a Moncler). I always buy the ones with the smallest label and the smallest men's size. I just don't like the women's stuff. Too shiny, too short.
I have one in black, orange and my favourite is my grey wool one. Paired down and very old school.
I always wear Jet Set pants. They are slim but not too tight and come in great colours. I have a black pair and an olive.
Nothing beats a bit of high performance and I have base layers from Patagonia but that's it. I like to layer with chunky cashmere from Tania in cream, camel and navy and add a fur gilet from Joseph or Yves Salomon if needs be.
Then there's the accessories. I love to go retro. Sod a helmet I'm an ace skier. I wear a knitted Moncler hat picked up at Rome airport (best place to buy Moncler bar Bicester) or my new knitted hat courtesy of my in-laws from John Lewis which has in built earphones and finally my new Marni shades. They're big and slightly bonkers but make me feel like Hepburn in Charade. What could be chicer?

No comments:

Post a Comment